Thursday, October 05, 2006

What Can You Hear Right Now

Right now, as I finish browsing dsp, I'm sitting in an upstairs bedroom where we keep our computer. Outside it is a sunny fall day... crisp yet bright. I can hear the sound of the lawnmower next door and the sounds of the lawn service employees getting equipment out, bangs and thuds, laughter and the mumble of voices. Then there is the sharp ding of the door bell... it is a friend coming to pick up a registration form so our boys can join a recreational bowling league. Laughter, thank yous, good bye. From the window I can hear the slight breeze in the tree, a background noise to all the other sounds in the neighborhood. Below me I hear the voice of my husband who is working at home this morning. He sounds frustrated, annoyed, a bit impatient. I wish he'd win the lottery.

3 comments:

carin.c said...

LOL - to win the lottery and not have to work!

I think my blogging is boring too but remind myself that this is for me and to develop my voice and not to entertain... But I have to say I don't think your blogs are boring at all :)

Anonymous said...

I day dream all the time about winning the lottery....wouldn't that be wonderful!!

Unknown said...

A perfect autumn day of sounds, except for the hubby, of course. Hope you win the lottery.