Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Write For Five Minutes...

Ok, perhaps I cheated just a tiny bit because I sat and 'thought' about what I would write about... hasn't helped me much, though! Today I had to go to the dentist for part 2 of a root canal. I HATE the dentist... I have major dental phobia and am always on a quest to find a dentist who understands this and can help me overcome it.... anyway, I think I've found a good dentist. He is kind, patient, understands where I'm coming from. Unfortunatly they ran into a problem while doing their thing in my mouth and I have to go back at least twice more to get the whole root canal/crown thing finished. bummer. I've worked really hard not to pass my dental fears on to my kids and have been pretty successful... neither one has had a cavity (they're 8 and 15) and aren't afraid of the dentist at all. I sort of panic even when I have to take them. It is awful. I've tried valium (which helped at the time... but, yikes... drugs?). I've tried counseling. I've tried hypnosis (didn't help me at all). I had overcome this problem to a great degree before we moved from Alabma with the help of an excellent dentist there. He, sadly, was diagnosed with MS shortly after we moved away and doesn't work much anymore so I can't go back and see him. My first two dentist in Michigan were awful and I found myself

2 comments:

carin.c said...

Something we must do and yet torture for those like you with a phobia. Sounds like you are working hard to overcome. :)

Unknown said...

not finishing the tale. I wonder if dentists are afraid to go to the dentist. I don't know anyone who really likes it.